At Mansfield Swimming Club we welcome all young swimmers. Our aim is to introduce them to the world of competitive swimming from an early age. We see each of our members as a potential star of the future whether that be on a swimming podium or just having the confidence to succeed in whatever they choose to do.
A word from our Development Coaches
As learn to swim coaches our main priority is that all participants feel confident and safe in the water in order to maximise enjoyment and increase retention in the sport.
During the sessions we focus on learn to swim however always bear in mind that
- All 4 strokes are taught in both part and full.
- Sessions are designed and adapted accordingly to allow all swimmers to develop at their own pace.
- Swimmers start to gain an understanding of all stroke techniques and how body movements influence the outcome.
- Swimming skills such as breathing, push and glide, streamline and turns are regularly practiced.
- All swimmers to respect each other and learn from one another.
Operate and encourage openness between coach and parent / swimmer.