At Mansfield Swimming Club we welcome swimmers. Our aim is to introduce them to the world of competitive swimming, we see each of our members as a potential star of the future whether that be on a swimming podium or just having the confidence to succeed in whatever they choose to do.
A word from our Development Coaches – Our main priority is that all participants feel confident and safe in the water in order to maximise enjoyment and increase retention in the sport.
Before you choose to join us for a trial session, we ask that swimmers have reached the National Plan for Teaching Swimming stage 7.
“STAGE 7 – Developing quality stroke technique up to 100 metres, incorporating skills learnt and combining them to develop a linked routine and complete successfully an obstacle course that combines a variety of skills accomplished throughout stages 1 – 7”
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a trial session.
During the training sessions we focus on –
- All 4 strokes are taught in both part and full.
- Sessions are designed and adapted accordingly to allow all swimmers to develop at their own pace.
- Swimmers start to gain an understanding of all stroke techniques and how body movements influence the outcome.
- Swimming skills such as breathing, push and glide, streamline and turns are regularly practiced.
- All swimmers to respect each other and learn from one another.
Operate and encourage openness between coach and parent / swimmer.